Office and Business Corporate Gifts
Most of the general "rules" of gift giving also apply to office and business corporate gifts. They can range from simple pens branded with your business logo to elaborate corporate events to entertain clients.
If you are a company owner, department supervisor, office manager or marketing executive - here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Give a small gift of some sort to all employees for Christmas and birthdays (Check out our birthday gifts UK)
- Give a gift to your boss too (assuming you like your job and want to keep it) - see our balloon in a box delivery service for inexpensive high impact ideas
- Give gifts to clients you would like to continue doing business with
- Include a personal note with each present whenever possible. It is well worth the extra effort as you will find the returns are far higher than with standard messages - even when the gift is small
- Always have a few extra items in stock - it would be embarrassing to realise you've forgotten someone!
- Plan early - especially if you are buying bulk Christmas gifts. It will ensure that your order gets delivered on time and you might be able to claim a discount too!
- Give gifts that offer an escape from work and foster positive feelings of recreation or relaxation
- Give saucy gifts - even if intended as a joke, they might shock or offend. Such gifts are inappropriate in the work place and in return you may be presented with a sexual harassment case
- Include your company name or logo on employee gifts. They sure know where they work! If you include your logo on client's gifts for marketing reasons make it subtle and discreet
- Give clients - or your boss for that matter, overly expensive gifts . They might be perceived as bribery and make them uncomfortable
Gifts for office colleagues
Make sure you keep things simple and keep gift giving a pleasure... A simple birthday card signed by everyone in the office and sharing a cake from the local bakery (or going for a drink after work) are often the best option.
If you are friends with a colleague outside work - keep your gift personal and give it outside work.
Retirement gifts or new baby gifts are often best bought as a group gift from the entire department.
Business corporate gifts
You want people who spend money with you to feel valued . You also want your gift to reflect your company's values . Even if you are simply sending out Christmas cards - make sure they stand out and incorporate your company's personality.
Always handwrite a personal message on the inside of the card... and that means more than just signing your name!
A client is not just for Christmas... remember that even a simple birthday card can make a difference for an important client.
You often see office or work colleagues more often than friends and relatives. People's perceptions can often reflect your actual success in the work place - make it a personal goal to be perceived as thoughtful and generous .
Many business clients buy from you because of the personal relationship they have developed with you (i.e. because they like you). Thoughtful and personal corporate gifts can help build meaningful business relationships .
Office and business corporate gifts from Big Fat Balloons
You can find a wide range of gifts for work colleagues and clients at Big Fat Balloons from UK get well gifts to retirement gifts and UK thank you gifts.
See all our Advice Pages.