Home » Online School of Gift Buying » Gifts Ideas and Party Tips » Creative & Memorable Marriage Proposal Ideas
Creative & Memorable Marriage Proposal Ideas
Some people use our gifts – especially our Will You Marry Me Balloon and our gorgeous range of ‘I love you teddy bears’ - to propose to their loved ones.
So this started us thinking…
Unlike my husband, who proposed to me while I was up to my elbows in bubbles while doing the washing up, some people are really creative with their proposals.
After a bit of research, we discovered a few, unusual ways to say those four little words that can last a life time.
Although judging by some of these ideas, I’m not sure they would even make it to the alter!
In fact, we’d better add the legal bit here about; don’t try this at home; management cannot be held responsible; use at your own risk of getting dumped!
Sit back and enjoy:
- While returning from a romantic holiday or weekend break, arrange for the flight attendant to announce your proposal over the intercom. Probably NOT one to try when you’re on a plane packed with drunken louts returning from Ibiza.
- Some cinemas have paid advertisement screens before the film begins. Call your local cinema and see if you can arrange to propose to your honey on the big screen! You probably won’t be able to afford the wedding after pulling this stunt and we’d advise you choose a film you don’t really want to see, as the chances are that your intended will flee the cinema in horror.
- If you know anyone who works for the local police, ask them to pull your beloved over and issue them a ticket with your proposal written on it. Has anyone actually done this? I think if my husband had tried this one on me he’d be the one doing time!
- Propose via email, chat rooms, on your blog or build a web site just for your loved one – good if you’re shy. Oh come on. If you can’t even speak to them to ask them to marry you, how are you ever going to communicate as a married couple? The fact that my husband would be delighted if I kept quiet occasionally is totally irrelevant.
- Send a bunch of flowers, romantic balloon or love you teddy bear to their home or work place with your question in the message. This one definitely has merit. Everyone likes a surprise, especially a surprise delivery. If you’re sending it to their workplace though, just make sure that they won’t be in an important meeting the day it’s due to arrive.
- Write it out in glow stars on your ceiling. Just wait until the lights go out! Okay another nice thought. But could go terribly wrong if you’re not very good at spelling.
- Have your proposal printed on a billboard they’ll see during the commute home. How embarrassing. Not to mention the fact that they could be fiddling about with the radio as they pass the advert, making it a complete waste of money. Also, it could easily cause a pile up on the dual carriageway.
- Arrange to have a banner tied behind a plane and flown above your loved one. I was going to say that this would be horrendous, but then again, if he’s rich enough to waste money on such a daft idea then it might be worthwhile saying yes anyway!
- Tuck your proposal message into a fortune cookie. Fine, as long as they don’t eat it.
- Take out an ad in the newspaper. Again, an okay idea but don’t forget that today’s newspaper is tomorrow’s fish and chips wrapper!
Do you know what? After reading these convoluted ideas I think my advice would be - just ask!
Perhaps proposing over the washing up wasn’t that bad – after all, I said yes.
However you decide to propose – we wish you all the best of luck!
Make buying a gift enjoyable with the Big Fat Balloons Online School of Gift Buying and learn about:
Want to share your insights, experience and inspiration with our other gift buyers?
Just join in the conversation at Big Fat Blog, for fun gift ideas, company news and products updates.