Home » Online School of Gift Buying » Classic Gifts That Always Work
Classic Gifts That Always Work - And Some Ideas You Might Want to Try Too
- Looking for a classic gift idea that is guaranteed to have an impact ?
- Stuck for gift ideas ?
- Buying a gift for someone you don't know very well?
Read on! At the Big Fat Balloons Online School of Gift Buying we've compiled a list of classic gifts for you - with something for all budgets. We hope that some of them will provide you with the inspiration you need to delight your friends and family.
What's more, we've also been asking people about the best gifts ideas they found - so take a peek if you need any extra inspiration!
Gift experiences/ holidays
Not cheap, but hugely popular - especially for landmark birthdays or anniversaries. The experience is the gift to by for those who have everything - and memories will be cherished for years to come. Try to choose an experience or holiday that suits their character and taste. From helicopter flying lessons or parachute jumps to the ultimate spa experience - you will find something for everybody's taste.
Lessons to learn something new
Golf, drums, dancing, glass blowing, life drawing, the list is endless. Just be certain that the recipient has expressed an interest in the subject and can fit it into their schedule. Will be popular with both adults and children. Search for ideas online, in your local phone book or newspaper.
Are you buying a gift for a football or Robbie Williams fan? Check out what's going on in town and get tickets . You can either give them a pair of tickets or keep one of the tickets for yourself and insist on accompanying the recipient (whether he/she wants you to or not).
Taking someone out shopping, for a special meal or to see a show or film can make a great present too.
Traditional generic gifts
The following presents are not highly original - but are favourite classic gifts for a reason. They are generic enough to apply to a lot of people - yet can be personalised if picked with thought.
- Flowers. You can buy flowers and nice potted plants to suit all budgets and occasions.
- Stuffed animals and teddy bears. You'll find a bear for everyone. Go for quality, well made soft toys. Make the gift special and get a teddy bear gift delivered directly to their door.
- Chocolates. Always popular. Invest in an elegant box of quality chocolates (pictured above). You might want to check our chocolate gift delivery service.
- Balloons. Looking for something cheerful that will not break the bank? I am going to blow our own trumpet here - just send a balloon in a box. With designs to suit everyone and all occasions our UK helium balloons delivery service is worth checking out.
- Journal or photo album. Pick out a beautiful one with a cover that will interest the recipient.
- Gift vouchers. Gift certificates are not always a cop out, especially for people who like to shop for themselves and have picky tastes. You could also consider getting a gift certificate from the local beauty parlour for a day of pampering.
- Gift baskets. From foodstuff to pampering goodies you can buy hampers stuffed with all sorts of different goodies. You can also make your own gift basket and fill it with the recipient's favourite foods, drink books and so on. Check out how to wrap gift baskets.
- Alcohol gifts. Wine and champagne are always popular and they make a good host/hostess gift for dinner parties. Make sure you buy quality bottles - ask for advice if needed!
- Board games. Classic games like Trivial Pursuit, Twister, Taboo, and Pictionary can make great gifts, especially when you're giving them to friends or relatives that you get together with often.
- Magazine subscription. If you are looking for a gift for someone that already buys issues of a certain magazine every once in a while, get him/her a subscription.
Anything from a novelty shop. From naughty card games to fart machines, there are fun novelty gifts for everyone. Just make sure you don't go overboard!
Classic gifts on a shoestring
Something you've slaved over will make an extra special gift - without breaking the bank! Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Scrapbook. Fill it with pictures and mementos of your relationship with the recipient. It will make a great keepsake and is a really personal gift
- Home made foodstuff. Biscuits, cakes, buns or any other comfort food that says, "I like you enough to bake for you!". You could even invest in some icing in a writing tube and decorate your gifts with little messages.
- Do something. Gestures are priceless. Baby sitting, car washing, dog walking, ironing. Wrap up your promise in a nice box or envelope and make sure you keep your promise!
- Homemade artwork and crafts . Paintings, pottery or embroidered cushion covers can all be very special gifts, as long as you are a talented artist (or a small child!)
Gifts from Big Fat Balloons
From birthday helium balloons delivery to graduation gift ideas you'll find gift ideas for everyone. Remember to check our teddy bears and soft toys too!
Make buying a gift enjoyable with the Big Fat Balloons Online School of Gift Buying and learn about:
Want to share your insights, experience and inspiration with our other gift buyers?
Just join in the conversation at Big Fat Blog, for fun gift ideas, company news and products updates.