Home » Online School of Gift Buying » Real Life Bad Gifts
Real Life Bad Gifts
Talking to friend and family we found that most were delighted to talk about their disappointing gift experiences! We've detailed them in no particular order as they range from general to specific and from funny to offensive... Let's get started!
- One of our contributors was intrigued by the unusual shape of a wedding gift from one of her close friend. She couldn't wait to return home from Honeymoon to discover the exciting contents.
Finally, two weeks later, the woman and her new husband sat down to open the beautiful gifts they had received. Leaving what they thought was the best until last, they opened all the other gifts before turning their attention to the funny shaped gift that had intrigued them both so much. As they tore off the wrapper their faces dropped. The unusual wedding gift was actually a wind up hamster, complete with its own plastic ball! This was one gift they wished they'd left wrapped up.
- Tacky ornaments
- Plastic bottle filled with sand and sporting a Santa cover (door stop)
- Getting the same kind of present from the same person over and over again
- Pair of woolen tartan knee socks
- Fold away executive "table tennis" table
- Cheap perfume or toiletries
- Dalmatian bathroom set complete with toilet roll holder, towel rail and soap dish (sorry no pictures)
- Clothes that don't fit - or worse, horrible clothes that don't fit!
- Cheap socks and underwear (often given to men - poor things!)
- Soap dressed up as rabbit
- Bathroom scales (what did they mean?)
- Inappropriate vouchers - Boots vouchers for a man, Marks and Spencer vouchers for teenagers
- Stuff that looks cheap - like a cheap ugly polyester tie
- Dashboard cleaner ?!? Anybody actually using that stuff?
- Set of blunt knifes as a romantic 21st Birthday present
- Viz annual for a 10 year old
- Second hand mixer (wedding gift)
- Domestic appliances from spouse/ partner
- Cheap thoughtless present from a close friend or relative
Now you know what to avoid... just hope you didn't buy the Dalmatian bathroom set or the soap dressed as a rabbit! Check out our "Online tips to buy great gifts" for ideas on how to get it right or check out some more appropriate gifts from big fat balloons - just browse our range of helium balloons (UK delivery) and teddy bears and chocolate gifts.
Make buying a gift enjoyable with the Big Fat Balloons Online School of Gift Buying and learn about:
Want to share your insights, experience and inspiration with our other gift buyers?
Just join in the conversation at Big Fat Blog, for fun gift ideas, company news and products updates.